Ways to Give
If you are looking for a way to make a difference in someone's life, then you have come to the right place. As you well know, there is no better sacrifice to help support the members of our Veterans who have fought for our freedom for years. Why not give back to them to show our appreciation?
NEW!!! Want to give a one-time donation that is tax deductible (consult your local tax agency). Click on the donation button here:
Want to give a monthly amoung or even annual amount without having to continue to write checks or by clicking the donate button? We have a solution. Use our PayPal Subscription tool and select an amount that is comfortable for you to donate monthly or annual. Any amount is helpful and appreciated!
Another quick and easy way to help support these brave soldiers is to become an Associate Member of Iowa Paralyzed Veteran's of America! Does this peak your interest? Learn more by reading a letter from the President of Iowa Paralyzed Veteran's of America as well as the Executive Director.
On behalf of the Iowa Paralyzed Veterans of America Board of Directors, welcome and thank you for your interest and support in our organization! As a new associate member, all of us hope to see you at as many of our functions as possible. Some of these activities are Family Time events, our Annual Dinner and Awards Night, our annual bowl-a-thon, the IPVA golf outing, sporting events, hunts, our yearly Christmas Party, etc. Peruse our newsletter for things that might catch your eye and put those days on your calendar.
As a new associate member, please acquaint yourself with the services Iowa PVA provides. This list includes but is not limited to:
- Providing a National Service Officer to assist veterans with their claims with the Veterans Administration.
- Sponsoring athletes who attend the National Veterans Wheelchair Games and other sporting and recreational events.
- Providing funds for patients' programs at the Des Moines VAMC, Knoxville VAMC, Iowa City VAMC and at the Iowa Veterans Home in Marshalltown.
- Providing funds for medical personnel to attend special training seminars to deal with care and treatment of spinal cord injuries, so they can better serve paralyzed veterans.
- Providing funds for foundations and corporations who promote finding a cure and/or improving the quality of life for those with spinal cord injuries or diseases. These include both national and local research projects.
- Providing education and advocacy to the community to improve the accessibility to public and private institutions for all disabled individuals.
- Sponsoring social activities for our members and their families. In our Chapter, Family Time events give the veteran and his/her family a chance to participate in events with other veterans and their families.
Once again, please accept our sincere appreciation for your interest, support, and participation in Iowa Paralyzed Veterans of America. We hope to see you often!
If that is not enough to get you signed up, check out this great opportunity! Iowa Paralyzed Veterans of America is offering their prized posession, their cookbook, to all new associate members.
To sign up, Call John, Kim, or Jaz at (515)277-4782 or email Kim at Kim @ Iowa PVA.